PERSONAL PORTFOLIO

PART - A
Career Chosen
I would like to become an International Taxation Attorney.

Top Five Strengths
Relevant work experience.

I have been working in the field of taxation for the last 7 years and still continuing. I had worked on full-time basis as well as on part-time basis in the jobs related to taxation. Currently I am working with the Department of Revenue as a Revenue Auditor, where I spend my entire day dealing with taxation, taxation laws, tax compliances, examining tax returns, taxpayers concerns, manage taxpayer data, travel as needed, review internal control structure of the company and evaluate weakness existing in the company and suggest them to improve the existing control.

Relevant family background.
My father is a Chartered Accountant, which is equivalent to the post of Chartered Public Accountants in America. I have learnt a lot of taxation from him at home during the stages of my growing up. We used to discuss a lot on taxation issues on dining tables and I had a feeling of being grownup in a taxation firm with a strong background in Indian taxation. After getting thorough with Indian Taxation, now I am interested to head towards the international level of taxation.

Well-established International Links.
I do have friends all over the world and I feel I can establish a good network of people and help them in solving their taxation problems. I can speak Hindi (Mother tongue of India), English (recognized worldwide) and Japanese. I enjoy learning other languages which would help me in my profession to interact with people all over the world.

Sheer interest in Tax.
Since I have been brought up under the shelter of taxation background, I had sheer interest in learning more about taxation. I achieved my desire to learn more in taxation by attending part-time classes in the subject areas of Personal Income tax, Corporation tax, U.S. Income for non-residences and SalesUse Tax for various states. I attended the above mentioned classes while I was working as a full-time consultant with National Grid and BDO Sideman. I am still interested in taxation and hence I would like to become an international taxation attorney.

Polite and Friendly nature.
I am very polite, humble and friendly in nature. I have got involved in several friendly assignments assisting my friends and relatives projects in the area of taxation. I am very friendly in nature and do have a helping tendency which I think would be useful in helping the people residing outside the country to get their taxation problems solved amicably.

Examples Supporting my Evaluation

From my Personal life My father had been a very good mentor to me in molding my career towards taxation. Out of my sheer interest in taxation, I had assisted my father in handling his tasks and regularly getting his feedbacks and inputs on the quality of assistance done by me to improve myself from the age of 14 years. I have also assisted some of my friends who visited the USA for a short term to work on a project. I assisted them to handle with Internal Revenue Services (IRS) treaty laws, wherein one has to report a part of income in the US and a part of income in India.  I voluntary helped them to identify their deductions and credits they are eligible from the IRS.

 From my work place After getting initial guidance and proper motivation from my father, I started my career at a CPA firm and later worked for various taxation firms in the USA such as HR Block, Welling Management, National Grid and now working with Department of Revenue. From all the places I worked in, I could gain a lot of experience by interacting with several people and increased my knowledge towards taxation. I personally feel that my work experience and my family background enabled me to build a strong base for me in the field of taxation.

From my school activities During my school days, I worked on a project related to the field of taxation, for which I studied a lot of books about marketing, accounting and how to handle taxation in difference scenarios. I realized that I need to work on other areas too, such as to learn about the market, contract laws, state laws and then work on the taxation related to these scenarios. I was confident that the law school will provide me with the necessary support including the license to work independently or to work with a taxation law firm. During my school days, I also learnt to build a website out of enthusiasm and sheer interest, I have developed a website  HYPERLINK httpwww.taxation-services.com www.taxation-services.com to cater for my services in the field of taxation.

PART  B

The career field that interests me a lot is Taxation and the types of positions available in the area of taxation including the post of International Taxation Attorney, Tax Director, Tax Manager, Tax Compliance Officers, Tax Auditor etc. To be more specific, I am interested to lead my life as an International Taxation Attorney whose role would be to get specialized in helping to solve the taxation problems faced by people who live abroad or the people who are from foreign countries living in a different country than their own. An International Taxation Attorney should be able to handle it with special care as the person may not be presently available in the country.

The salary range of a Taxation Attorney ranges from somewhere between 80000 to 220000 per annum.
The post of taxation attorney is in huge demand for businesses which are either small or large. Every businessman has to face an impending battle with the IRS or confusion over the tax laws. The rules and regulations that surround them are like filing the tax returns and making appropriate documentation that often needs further clarification. Some people just do not fully understand what they are doing and as a result could end up with stiff penalties for their ignorance. A tax attorney can help with these problems and make life easier for many people. The educational qualification required for the above-mentioned post is Judicial Doctorate (JD) and a graduation in Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is an additional advantage for the post. One needs to be licensed by a State Board of Law Examiners, if heshe is willing to practice as an attorney or counselor.

PART  C

I got an interest in the field of taxation from my personal life where my father is a Chartered Accountant, which is equivalent to the post of Chartered Public Accountants in America. I have learnt a lot of taxation from him at home during the stages of my growing up. We used to discuss a lot on taxation issues on dining tables. He had been a very good mentor to me in molding my career towards taxation. Out of my sheer interest in taxation, I had assisted my father in handling his tasks and regularly getting his feedbacks and inputs on the quality of assistance done by me to improve myself from the age of 14 years.

With the aims of building a career in the field of taxation, I completed my diploma in Accounting from Washington Business School, followed by a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Western Governors University. Then I obtained my certificate of excellence in corporate governance from Tulane University School of Law. During my school days, I worked on a project related to the field of taxation, for which I studied a lot of books about marketing, accounting and how to handle taxation in difference scenarios. I realized that I need to work on other areas too such as learn about the market, contract laws, state laws and then work on the taxation related to these scenarios. I was confident that the law school will provide me with the necessary support including the license to work independently or to work with a taxation law firm. During my school days, I also learnt to build a website and out of enthusiasm and sheer interest, I have developed a website  HYPERLINK httpwww.taxation-services.com www.taxation-services.com to cater for my services in the field of taxation.

After completing my graduation and with proper motivation from my father, I started my career at a CPA firm and later I worked for various taxation firms in USA such as HR Block, Welling Management, National Grid and now working with Department of Revenue and from all the places I worked, I could gain a lot of experience by interacting with several people and increased my knowledge towards taxation. I have also assisted some of my friends with their taxation related projects. I am well knowledgeable and thorough Indian Taxation and I am gaining experiences with international level of taxation.

I am planning to pursue my Judicial Doctorate (JD) and MBA program.  The JD program will provide me with in depth knowledge about the legal system in the USA, how law works and I will be able to learn more about it in addition to my field of interest, taxation.  Like court system, hearing, etc. MBA will help me maintain and develop business, leadership, economics related skills.

I personally feel that my family background coupled with my education, relevant work experiences and sheer interest had enabled me to build a strong base for my future in the field of taxation.

 PART - D

See attached resume (Dont need to work on this this is all good to go just review to write the essay. )  If you need it you can just review it very quick to get this project done.

 PART  E

Executive summary from Capstone
My capstone project includes the study of an accounting firm called Freeman and Co., which operates in Southern California and serves to the personal and business needs of the individuals in Southern California. During that project, I studied the business plans of the firm. The accounting products provided by the company included different accounting software and program applications. These software products or applications are available off-the-shelf or can be personalized according to the needs of the customers. The services included assisting the organization in carrying out a number of accounting tasks. Every company should have a mission, so I studied the firms mission, goals and objectives. The firm had set a target of profit to be achieved, expecting a growth of their company with the aim of capturing a bigger market share in the forthcoming years. Also, they had innovating ideas, programs and services to cater to the needs of customers. I also evaluated the key to success of the firm. Then I got exposure to the history and companys structure which included the companys history, legal form of ownership, the firms location and facilities. I also studied the management structure and all the products and services of the accounting firm. Then I did an analysis on the market at the industrial level and analyzed the competence of products and services in the field of accounting. After that I proposed a market strategy related to product and services, the price plans, selling strategies and sales forecasting. I also studied the implementation strategy for the firm and reported the financial statements and projections of the accounting firm. The report included the revenue and cost estimates, profit forecasting and loss estimates. Details about financial projections and capital investments were also reported.

Artifact from Work Experience
I have been assisting my father in his taxation job since 14 years, as he is a Chartered Accountant, which is equivalent to the post of Chartered Public Accountants in America.  I had gained a lot of knowledge on taxation since childhood. I have also voluntarily helped my friends with taxation problems and projects. I have a massive 7 years of work experience in the field of taxation and all the details about the tasks handled by me in various firms are given in my resume. Currently, I am working with the Department of Revenue as a Revenue Auditor, where I spend my entire day dealing with taxation, taxation laws, tax compliances, examining tax returns, taxpayers concerns, manage taxpayer data, travel as needed, review internal control structure of the company and evaluate weakness existing in the company and suggest them to improve the existing control. Working as a consultant, I have never got any awards for my hard-work, but I am happy that after finishing my projects, the firms have felt satisfied with my work and they have often called me back whenever I have switched over to a new contract. I had always been a hard-worker, sincere and fully committed towards my job so please refer to my letters of recommendation from previous projects. Letters of recommendation from previous employers are attached (You can attach that)  (I will do it))

Artifact from University
I completed my diploma in Accounting from Washington Business School with a GPA of 3.57 out of 4. Then I completed my Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Western Governors University with a GPA of 3.2 out of 4. Then I obtained the certificate of excellence in corporate governance from Tulane University School of Law with a GPA of 3.8 out of 4.

Description of a Work Product
The best work product I would like to share is during my working stages at the HR block, where I worked for long hours and the tax return I prepared was 98 accurate. I could help my clients to get more refund by assisting them during the tax audit and helped them to take better decisions related to taxation

0 comments:

Post a Comment