Admission Essay for getting into University of San Francisco

I believe that learning is fun and exciting and it does not only happen within the four walls of the classroom nor with only one teacher.  I realized this at an early age because I was fifteen when my father started allowing me to work part time in his palm oil plantation and refinery business in Indonesia.  I was very excited to be part of the corporate world and was so anxious to learn new things.  Experiencing the day to day operations made me appreciate the importance of hardwork, teamwork, and accountability for every decision made and every output provided after a days work.  I was exposed to the different areas but found great interest in accounting department.  I spent most of my time working in the cost production section of accounting department and realized the importance of organizing and understanding the meaning of numbers to ensure business continuity.  This exposure influenced me to take up Bachelor of Business Administration major in Finance.  I enrolled in Seattle University and will soon be graduating by June next year.

The passion to learn and the recognition of the increasing competitiveness in the employment market urged me to plan ahead for my career growth and advancement.  I believe that pursuing higher education such as MBA will broaden my knowledge on the different aspects of the business, will better equip me to face future challenges by being strategic-minded,  and will help me build a stronger social as well as intellectual network.
 
The MBA program of the University of San Francisco attracted me because of its good reputation for being competitive by providing quality and holistic learning experience to its students.  My own philosophy in life are attuned to the universitys mission of promoting learning guided by its core values of faith and reason, freedom and responsibility to pursue truth, respect for diversity, excellence, service and social responsibility, moral dimension, and integral self-development.  I consider being hardworking, resilient, persistent, and respectful to others as my top personal strengths and these characteristics define what I can do today and what I will become in the future.  These personal strengths will make it very natural for me to embrace and live the mission and values of the university.

Primarily, I can help carry out University of  San Franciscos mission by being committed to the MBA program, which I am planning to enroll into.  Being committed would mean respecting the universitys rules and regulations, living up to the expectations and challenges posted by professors,  upholding intellectual honesty as well as providing quality output for all program requirements.  I can also help promote the mission by creating a healthy or encouraging learning environment, which will start from keeping an open mind instead of being judgmental or ego-centric when listening to the ideas and opinions of others and by respecting their beliefs and decisions.  In my small little ways, I can help others by sharing my experiences, insights, as well as expertise to be able to generate best alternatives in facing problems or issues at hand.  I believe that in diversity of thoughts and opinions, creative thinking will be achieved.  Further, giving timely constructive feedback instead of complaining and criticizing when there are problems and providing suggestions on how to continuously improve will be significant contributions in fulfilling the mission of the institution. Generally, on a personal level, by excelling, completing, and graduating from the MBA program will be a a big step in being able to help  realize the universitys mission.

In relation to a bigger scope and wider reach of influence, I can help the university fulfill its mission by being a role model, by walking the talk, and by evangelizing the high standards and holistic learning development provided by the University of San Francisco.  The successes and good opportunities that will come my way as results of the exceptional learning experience provided by the university will be considered solid proof that I have helped in realizing its mission.   By living and breathing the university values of excellence, social responsibility, respect for diversity, moral dimension in making choices and faith and reason in search for truth and human development will make me a valuable asset to the organization that I work for and to the community where I belong .  This will spell my competitive advantage and achieving promotion or any other form of commendations for high job performance will  be achieved.

In a long-term perspective, I can help carry out the universitys mission by applying the values that I have learned in the workplace.  In order to promote lifelong learning and knowledge sharing, I can initiate team-based programs involving problem solving and idea generation activities to spur innovation and continuous improvement.  This will allow creative expression of each employee and will build camaraderie and cooperation.

Aside from excellence, a culture of service that respects and promotes the dignity of every person is behind the universitys thrust.  I believe that learning is useless and pointless if it is not applied and shared.  There is such great joy, fulfillment , and satisfaction in sharing ones learning and this is made possible by providing service to others and by acknowledging that learning is a give and take relationship.  Teaching is another way of providing service and it does not always have to be in a formal or structured method as it is in the university setting.  Teaching can be done every day in the way we interact with our neighbors, friends, colleagues, and even acquaintances.  The important thing is to be able to spot opportunities wherein I can impart the things that I have learned from my experiences.  Keen observation and good listening skills are needed in order to develop that sensitivity to the learning needs of other people.

In a nutshell, I can help University of  San Francisco carry out its mission by aligning my personal values to the core values of the institution showing commitment and dedication by completing the MBA program by upholding the culture of excellence and applying it in and outside the university realms and by embodying the culture of service through teaching and knowledge sharing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment