ADMISSION ESSAY

Our family has a deep background in business. My great grandfather was a pioneer in the trade of imported fabrics. His sons took after him and developed related business lines. My father inherited a large hardware store from my grandfather, and I look forward to working fulltime for him after I complete my studies.

I plan to expand the business into a modern outfit with branches nationwide and country offices in major world cities.  E-commerce has opened up numerous opportunities for aggressive businesses with a global vision. I believe I can transform the store from a family business to a multinational company. To achieve this, I need training in all aspects of business management and guidance from acclaimed experts this is why it is imperative I join your university.

In college, I majored in business studies and economics and earned a distinction in both courses. This academic experience gave me the requisite knowledge to further my studies in business management. After reviewing my options, I settled for your esteemed institution because of the academic staffs credentials and the strong tradition of business studies.

If admitted to the course, I believe I shall enhance the learning experiences of my colleagues because of my working experience and anecdotal knowledge garnered through interacting with family members. During school holidays, I worked for the family business and had a supervisory role when my parents were away. I acquired firsthand knowledge of the crucial factors involved in managing a business and the necessary actions one should take in unique circumstances.  Our staff comprised of people from different ethnic backgrounds, which meant that the management had to be sensitive to diversity issues. Handling personnel issues and maintaining harmonious relationships among the employees proved to be a challenging but fruitful exercise. I believe that with my experience, I can help promote inter racial relationships on campus and at the same time gain from the experiences of students from different nationalities.

My short-term goals are to join the family business after graduation and deputize my father until he decides to retire in four years. By that time, I would have developed a detailed expansion plan covering the next five years. When the expansion period ends, the next stage will be to consolidate the gains the company has made. I project that this will take another ten years. When the management structures are firmly in place, I hope to take a less active role in the daily operations of the firm and concentrate on philanthropic activities and mentoring the youth. At some point in my career, I would like to further my education and enroll for a doctorate in business management with the aim of teaching business studies upon completion. With my theoretical and practical knowledge, I will empower students with the necessary skills to run their own businesses in future.

As part of my academic duties, I intend to write a book detailing the reasons why businesses succeed. This book will provide important tips to those intending to invest their money in various ventures. By identifying the key aspects investors should focus on, I hope to save many people the agony of losing their money in failed ventures. This will be my legacy as a businessperson and academician.

I hope you will consider my application favorably. Together, we can develop the academic borders of business management and, ensure our nation excels in global trade by empowering investors with the knowledge they require to succeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment