A time when I went beyond what was defined, established or expected of me.

My parents brought me up into this world nicely. They taught me everything I needed to learn about the world. I owe them my life and my knowledge. But here, I will be talking about a time when I went beyond what was defined, established or expected from me.
My family was more into arts and crafts. Consequently, they expected me to follow what they want for me and that is to become jewelers since both my parents are jewelers. Its actually a great thing that my parents think that I can be like them. They brought me up letting me know that I should follow their footsteps. They did everything possible to prepare me for the day that I will become a jeweler. Also, it is only practical that they want me to follow their footsteps since they could teach me everything they know and they can guide me properly. They can even help me establish relationships with the important people in this line of work.
I really tried hard to do follow what my parents wanted of me and I hate to disappoint my parents but the truth is I really didnt like to become a jeweler. Whenever I try to practice what they teach me, it always feels like I am doing something wrong. I was more interested in business, particularly economics and management. It was also hard for my parents to accept that I want to tread a path different from theirs but they still agreed and I am thankful for that. They understand that I must decide myself what career I would like to pursue so I went on to study economics and management.
Initially, it was difficult because no one was there to personally guide me. While my parents showed overwhelming support, I was all to myself when studying but I persevered. I have no regrets because I know this is what I really want. I felt that the decision was the most important choice I have made. I feel that it is very important to listen to your heart and understand what exactly YOU want to do and what career YOU want to choose. I had a chance to do it, I strived for it and that is why I feel that I have a complete life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment