When do we decide what we want to be As we grow up, we decide on several different careers before we finally settle on something we like. For some others, careers change even after they finish their graduation as they jump from one career to the other. Thankfully, though for me, this question was never an issue. I have always known what my profession will be. In the next few years I see myself as a businesswoman, taking care of our family business.

    I know of many people who grudgingly take over the family business and complain about it for the rest of their lives, saying that they would have been better off doing something else. While some people are forced into their family business others do it just for the money. My reason has been neither. I have always wanted to be a businesswoman and to take care of my fathers business as I feel that it is my responsibility. My family has never pressurized me to take over the business. But the independence and creativity that a business enterprise can give a person is according to me unique and cannot be found in any other career. This is the primary reason why I wish to study business management. I wish to take my family business into the highest league possible.

    Another important reason why I wish to study business management is because I want to represent my country. My parent country which is Saudi Arabia has very few women representatives. As a woman, I want to prove to my other countrymen that women of Saudi Arabia have just as much grit as the men.

    The most important quality in a student has always been a thirst for learning. Student life is also more about being able to work with others and maintain a calm and peaceful atmosphere. I have always been a fast learner and a team player. I am patient and am enthusiastic about learning. I strongly believe that when one wants to learn, then no subject or discipline is difficult. I am a goal-oriented person and I believe that once you set goals and you follow your goals with determination and persistence, then nothing can stop you from achieving them. This has always been my philosophy. I set my goals and then I chase them with single-minded determination. Studying Business management has always been a dream for me and I will strive to achieve my goal and to succeed.

    In addition to being an avid learner, I am physically fit. I play tennis, volleyball along with being a good swimmer. I am also involved in fencing and archery. Spending all the time studying can only serve to increase stress, hence I keep myself balanced by involving myself in the above physical activities.

    I take pride in saying that I am also an avid photographer. The art of photography involves deeply contemplating the angle of light and many more small details and taking the shot at the right time. Photography has helped me to greatly improve my patience and made me more detail-oriented. I also enjoy going to social events. These social events according to me are a great way for me to improve my social skills which would come in handy to me once I take over our family business. 

    I have greatly benefited from the time I spent working as a Treasury Holder in the Fransi Saudi bank where I was able to better hone my social skills. I also volunteered once in DESCA which is an institution for disabled individuals. It is an institution where the disabled are given proper education and are taught how to deal with the outside world. It was an uplifting experience and it gave me a perspective of how difficult it would be to live without some part of my body which most of us take for granted.

    Lastly, I want to say that I am a hardworking, patient and a positive individual and will strive to achieve my goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment